Thursday, June 23, 2016

REVERSE YOUR ROUTINE

HEY EVERYBODY AND WELCOME BACK......


"She's a big mouth with hair!" ......  LOL ..... (forgive me while my mind plays flashback with me and takes me into the not too distant past to remind me of just how wooly my hair has always been!)  I will never forget the night someone said these words about me....at first I was enraged, but, the more I thought about it, the more I had to agree.  I simply am a woman stuck in the "Big Hair" days of the 80s - with the grand canyon in the middle of my face - and I must say, I'm proud of it!

Although I do love big hair, my preference really would be that my hair NOT be so big anymore.  (But, shhhhh, don't tell my family.  I have a reputation to uphold.)  At my age, and with all the gray creeping in (UNINVITED I might add),  I would much rather prefer the days of my childhood when my hair was slightly wavy, at best.  Oh how simple it was to blow dry it and go.  No curls, no tangles, no mess, and especially - NO FRIZZ!

Well, those days are long behind me.  Sadly, with age came trouble!  Curls, tangles, mess, and FRIZZ.  Oh, and let's not forget the fact that my ebony is quickly fading to ivory!  Long gone are the days when Little Debbie was my best friend.  These days, let's just be honest, my best friend has become Ms. Clairol.

Many days I have spent in frustration trying to calm this mane!  Ugh!  Most days I just give up and go with whatever look happens when I flip my head upside right after drying it upside down!  It often ain't pretty, but it's all I got.  So, I just roll with it.

As you can imagine, I was quite elated when the opportunity came my way to try the Tresemme Beauty-ful Volume Reverse System hair care products.  Anything that could control these sassy locks was more than welcome in my home.  I was super excited  that I was chosen to receive these products to try for honest review.  I felt like a giddy little school girl awaiting her childhood crush by the front door with the anticipation of youth!

The claim of this product is that by reversing the way we've always done hair care, we will see more manageable, noticeably softer, and less FRIZZY hair in just days!  WHAT?  This definitely sounded too good to be true.  But, anything at this point was well worth the try!

The day finally came.  The mail lady did her duty and delivered me my little bottles of gold!  I don't know why, but it felt like Christmas in July (even though it is only June).  She may as well have delivered me a million bucks.  I was that thrilled.

Here's how this Reverse System hair care routine is supposed to work.

First, condition!

What?

If that sounds crazy to you, don't worry, you're in good company.  It was this part of the routine that had me the most baffled!  I mean, who has ever heard of conditioning the hair FIRST?  What would really be the point?  Isn't the purpose of conditioning to put a product on your hair that is going to weigh it down a little in order to pull the FRIZZ out and give it more control?  If so, why in the world would I do this step first only to follow it with a shampoo that would be sure to strip the conditioning right out?

I mean, really!!  How absurd for Tresemme to think I was really going to buy into that!

Directions:  apply conditioner, massage into hair, leave on for one minute.  Rinse.

Second, shampoo!

That's right.  AFTER the conditioner goes the shampoo.  I thought I had heard everything up til this!  Wowzers.

Skeptically - and ready to tell Tresemme that their wacky concept was a total failure - I complied with the absurd directives and proceeded to Reverse My Routine.

Pumping out the conditioner - a nice feature to the packaging design, I might add - I smelled a wonderful aroma.  That was a positive.  I massaged it into my hair and let it sit for a few minutes.  (working my fingers through to detangle the haystack was surprisingly therapeutic)  Another positive.  I rinsed and could feel right away the conditioning had done it's job.  Another positive.  But, how would it hold up AFTER washing the dirt and oil away.

I continued the process by pouring the shampoo into the palm of my hand and working it through the now softened locks.  The lather was fantastic.  The smell was quite pleasing.  So far, so good.  I rinsed and repeated.  Then, I dried.

I was a nervous wreck as I tussled my locks upside down in the gentle breeze of the hair dryer.  What would the result be THIS time when I flipped my head back upside right?

The time came......

3.....2......1

All I can say is WOW!

Just look at how beautiful the curl is.  No tangles, no mess, and NO FRIZZ!

YES!!!

I am super stoked and super excited that I have found a product that will finally allow me to dry and go.  (well, I did add just the tiniest amount of mouse out of habit)  No more worrying about those FRIZZIES.  On the days that I do not have time to stand at the mirror straightening my hair, it is nice to know I won't be freaking people out by looking like the "Big hair with a mouth" coming at them down the street.

I have ReversedMyRoutine and suggest you give it a try and ReverseYourRoutine as well!

To take a closer look at the product, click here.
To see my full review on YouTube, click here.

A huge thank you to Influenster and Tresemme for allowing me the opportunity to give my feedback on this product.  It gets a huge thumbs up from this goldilocks!  (okay, not so golden, but you get the picture)

Remember, you were created for purpose so go be all you can be!

Love,
Deena xoxo 




No comments:

Post a Comment